Friday, May 7, 2010

Sweet dreams are made of.........Zoloft?

So, I think I told you that I am on Zoloft for some post-partum issues.  I don't know if it is/was actually depression, but it was something out of my control.  Anyway, I have been on the Zoloft now for two weeks and I am having some of the most incredibly weird dreams.  Like, out of this world you can't make this stuff up dreams.  Here is my favorite:

I am at my parents house.  My brother is there.  Our pets are there with us.  We are back in my mom and dad's bedroom playing with a hamster in a hamster ball (NONE of us own a hamster - and in the dream we are the age we are now...not kids).  All of a sudden, a smoke detector goes off.  It is sitting on the ground plugged into the wall.  My brother suggests that since we have a fan pointed right on it, that might have set it off.  We turn the fan off and unplug and reset the smoke detector.  It goes off again.  The other detectors go off.  We see the smoke and get out of the house.  I realize my cat, Sammy, is in the house.  I get hysterical and the firefighters are holding me back.  All of a sudden, a firefighter jumps out of the second story window with Sammy (my mom and dad's house is a ranch...).

Next thing I know, it's my entire family in the dream and we have no place to live.  Apparently we all lived at my mom and dad's house.  We are talking to our financial adviser at Edward Jones and he tells us he has an "executive suite" in his office (which he does not) and that we can all stay there until we find a place to live.  So, it's getting close to bedtime and we are all getting settled in our cots and couches.  Our financial adviser was there, too, and that was really weird.  All of a sudden, snakes just start coming in from EVERY side of the suite.  I am grabbing them (which would never EVER happen in real life) and tossing them out windows and doors.  Then I wake up.

Ummmmmm....what the hell is that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment