Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Solid food = solid poop!

Really?  I am excited over solid poop?  What is wrong with me?  When did I take this turn from hip, cool young woman to excited over poop mom?  I'll tell you when...February 4th, 2010.  And I have to admit...I like it!

Scott turned 4 months on June 4th, and we started in with the rice cereal, oatmeal and solid/jar food.  We started with veggies, because fruits are sweeter and we wanted to make sure he would like the veggies.  Peas was our breakthrough veggie.  At first he sort of moved it around in his mouth, unsure of what this foreign matter in his mouth was.  He didn't get a lot down that sitting, but once we tried later that night he gobbled them down!

Now we are eating a fruit and oatmeal in the morning, cereal and a fruit/veggie in the afternoon, cereal and a veggie in the evening and a bottle of cereal at night-night time.  Misc bottles are fed here and there throughout the day.

So, two days ago he made a poop and I took him back and when I pulled his diaper back he wasn't done.  I know, you are thinking gross - TMI - but it was SOLID and it was so exciting!  My little man's insides are working the way they are supposed to and he is making solid poop!

No teeth yet, but they will be here soon I think.  He is constantly chewing on his fingers and he drools CONSTANTLY.  I am really looking forward to being done with work and staying home full time.

Also, I now am the proud driver of a beautiful gold Chrysler Town & Country.  Oh yeah, it's minivan time.

No comments:

Post a Comment