Sunday, March 20, 2011

The turning point

I don't want to compare the current me to high school me in terms of weight, but I have only ever GAINED weight since my high school graduation.  Not counting pregnancy, I have gained 100 pounds since high school.  It's time to make a change.

I had been trying, for some time, to deny that I was as big as I am.  When I looked in the mirror I saw someone completely different than pictures show.  I've never seen myself as fat.  I know that word sounds so harsh, but I have finally accepted the fact that I am fat.  I am obese, actually.  This isn't a pity party for me, this is the first step in what will be an amazing change in my life.

I have joined a gym and they do a free fitness evaluation.  I decided why not?  The results were shocking.  I decided right then and there that I needed to make a big change, and I needed to do it immediately.  I signed up to work with a personal trainer (because I knew if I had someone to be accountable to, I would keep with it) 3 times a week for three months.  I have set a big goal for myself, too.  I plan to achieve that goal.

So here I go.  This is The Biggest Loser Mandi Smith style!

No comments:

Post a Comment