Monday, April 12, 2010

Circum-what?!?!

So, Scott is two days old and it's circumcision time.  I don't want the poor little guy going through it by himself, but I definitely don't want to see that happen!  I go, because a mother will do ANYTHING for her child, even if it means sitting through his circumcision.

He gets a shot to numb the area, and that little turd almost falls asleep!  Here I was feeling sorry for him because I thought it was going to be awful and he doesn't have a CLUE as to what's going on.  But thinking about it, it's better that way because had he really known what was going on it would have been a screamfest.  I gotta tell you, watching that happen was really scary and gross!

The doctor finishes the procedure and we wheel Scott back into the room.  Just as we get back the hospital photographer decides this is the best time to take his pictures.  She was supposed to be there at 9 am that morning, but she wasn't, and now it's hectic and he is so fussy and crying so all of his hospital website pictures are of him crying.  Thanks a lot, lady.  You get circumcised and let's see if you feel like posing for pictures.

We finish out our stay in the hospital and Sunday we are released and we are going home.  We get Scott all secured in his car seat and get our things packed.  Nick goes to get the car and Scott and I wait for him.  As Nick pulls up and we get Scott in the car and I slide in next to the car seat, I start to cry a little.

And so begins the rest of our lives as a family.  My guys and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment