Monday, April 12, 2010

To find out or Not to find out

Now we are approaching week 18, and that is far enough along to find out the gender.  At first we didn't want to find out.  We loved the idea of not knowing and being surprised as soon as the baby is born.  Then we thought about it a little more and I did not like the neutral items out there, the ones I could find.  With technology being as amazing as it is today, everyone is finding out.  This means everything is boy or girl.  The selection of gender neutral was slim, and what they had wasn't cute.  I really loved the thought of having a nursery decked out in either boy or girl stuff.  So, we decided to find out.

We asked our parents to be there because it was the first grandchild for my mother-in-law and the first grandchild from me for my parents.  The ultrasound tech got started with measurements and everything with baby looked good!  Now, she has moved on to looking at the gender.  She has an idea of what it is, but can't get that shot that really confirms it so she has me get up and use the restroom.  I come back in, get back on the table and they goop up my belly again.  She has a look around and............

IT'S A BOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment