Monday, April 12, 2010

In the beginning...

It all started one beautiful, sunny day in late May.  We never imagined that our "afternoon delight" would change our lives forever.  Yes, we had decided to start trying for a baby, but we just never thought too much about how this time could be the time.

I found out I was pregnant on Friday, June 19th, 2009.  It was the Friday before Father's Day.  I had come home from work and decided that since we were leaving for vacation soon, I had better take one more test to make sure I wasn't pregnant since I would be drinking and all.  Positive.  It was positive.  Instantly, it was positive.  Oh my GOD!  I'm pregnant!  I have to call Nick!  I have to call him and tell him!  So, I dial the phone and start talking and realize "You dimwhit, you can't tell him you are pregnant with your first child on the PHONE!" so I make up some story about planning dinner and wanting to know what time he was going to be home.  I knew I had time to go get a blood test done to be 100% sure I was before I told him.  Turns out it took A LOT longer at the doctor's office and he beat me home.

I almost just blurted it out but knew I had to tell him in a really cool way.  He got me a mother's day card from the dogs, so I figured I could give him a present from the dogs.  I wrapped up a onsie and the test and gave it to him.  Long story short, he opened it, we hugged and kissed and got so excited at the thought of our little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment