Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My little lamb of God

Baptism day was approaching.  I was so excited.  Just the thought of Scott being baptized in the church where I was a member was very special and meaningful.  I bought the cutest little baptism outfit complete with bonnet and knee socks.

It's Sunday and all of our family is there.  Scott's godmother and godfather are there.  I was so afraid that he might get fussy during the service but he was so good.  He got a little cranky once, but I just walked around with him for a little bit and then he fell asleep.  It's time.  We are called up.

The pastor does a beautiful job, and as he is baptizing Scott he never wakes up!  The entire congregation stands in support and encouragement of us and it was one of the most moving and powerful moments in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment